If you have any questions that we haven’t covered here, send us an email: [email protected]
When will my order be delivered?
Thankly sends gifts either via overnight courier for most gifts or express post- depending on where your recipient lives. Our cut off for having your gift sent out that day is 2pm Monday to Friday. Please note, we don’t deliver on weekends or NSW public holidays.
We are based in Sydney and we aim to be the speediest we possibly can. We charge $7.95 for overnight express delivery which is FREE with all orders over $50. Below is a guide to delivery speeds.
- Sydney Metro – Express overnight if your order is placed before 2pm as we use the little scooters/bikes around the CBD. If your recipient lives in Sydney Metro (10km radius) and you want it delivered rain, hail or sunshine – you do have the option of choosing Same Day Guaranteed Delivery (for orders before 2pm) OR after the 2pm cut off, Next Business Day Guaranteed (if your order falls between 2pm-midnight) at the checkout.
- Sydney outer/ suburbs – Next business day for all orders before 2pm. After 2pm or on weekends, your order will take 2 business days. For example, if you order at 1.30pm on Monday it will get there Tuesday. If you order at 11pm on Wednesday evening, it won’t get there till Friday.
- Newcastle, Central Coast, Woolongong – Next business day for all orders before 2pm. After 2pm or on weekends, your order will take 2 business days. For example, if you order at 1.30pm on Monday it will get there Tuesday. If you order at 11pm on Wednesday evening, it won’t get there till Friday.
- Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra – Next business day for all orders before 2pm. After 2pm or on weekends, your order will take 2 business days. For example, if you order at 1.30pm on Monday it will get there Tuesday. If you order at 11pm on Wednesday evening, it won’t get there till Friday.
- Perth, Tasmania, Cairns, Townsville, Darwin & rural/ remote Australia – Gifts are delivered by Overnight Express Post. While they are as speedy as possible sometimes it takes 2-3 business days particularly if your recipient is very remote!
Cards are delivered snail mail – in the post! So sometimes they can take a couple of days, 2-8 days depending on where your recipient lives. You do, at the checkout, have the option of choosing overnight express delivery or same day courier (if your recipient is in Sydney metro) and delivery speeds are as above.
What happens if nobody is home?
Cards are delivered by Australia Post – so they are left in the mailbox.
Gifts are delivered via courier or express post depending on where your recipient is located. If your recipient isn’t home, the courier will leave it in a safe location (if it’s deemed safe to do so). We give them an ‘authority to leave’ meaning if it’s safe they will leave the gift in a safe place. If it’s just not possible to leave the gift somewhere safe a delivery notice will be left with instructions on how to collect or have the gift redelivered.
Does the price include delivery?
Our cards have delivery included in the price (standard post).
Our delivery is a flat $7.95 all over Australia for overnight delivery (orders placed before 2pm arrive the following business day). We try to be as speedy as possible but for some very far away destinations such as Darwin, Perth, or very remote locations, it can be longer.
We use couriers whenever possible but for some locations far away from Thankly HQ in Sydney we use express overnight post.
Do you know the time my gift will arrive?
We are not able to guarantee delivery at a specific time of the day. We’ll leave items/gifts at, or near, the door if we deem it safe to do so. If you think nobody will be home, it’s a good idea to send to their work!
Can I schedule a date in advance when I want my gift to arrive/be delivered?
Yes, you can choose the date you would like your gift to arrive on/be delivered. You can choose to ‘send now’ which means if it’s ordered before 2pm it will leave Thankly HQ that day. You can also schedule it for another day in the future. Remember – this is not the day you want the gift sent, it’s the day you want it to arrive.